A gorgeous bathroom is your private space in your home. It’s a place for you to relax after a long day. Whether you have an amazing en-suite bath or several attractive bathrooms your family uses, these rooms add significant value to your home. That’s why expert bathroom water damage restoration is so important after disasters. When you choose Milliken Construction & Restoration in El Paso, TX, our fully licensed and insured professionals restore your bathroom to even better than its original beauty.
General Bathroom Restorations
There are many reasons why bathroom restorations can be necessary, sometimes related to natural disasters and sometimes caused by unexpected plumbing issues. Whatever your needs, our team is available 24/7 to help:
- Wind and storm damage
- Fire damage
- Damaged or burst pipes
- Blocked drains or sewer issues
- DIY repairs gone bad
As experts in bathroom restoration and remodeling, we know how to resolve these problems quickly and carefully. We can give you back your luxurious bathroom again.
Bathroom Water Damage Repair Services
Water damage is one of the most common issues affecting bathrooms. What can you do if flooding has damaged flooring, cabinets, walls, subfloors, and other surfaces? You need professional bathroom water damage repair services. It’s essential to get to the root of the problem and fix it correctly.
Our Bathroom Water Damage Repair Process
Professional water damage services are urgent when you notice problems. What can you expect during bathroom water damage restoration?
- Stop the water damage: The first step is always to stop the problem ASAP. As licensed professionals, we can repair plumbing problems that are causing water leaks and protect your home.
- Extract water and moisture: We remove excess water and moisture from all bathroom surfaces, including flooring and walls.
- Remove other contaminants: Our commercial extraction equipment can mitigate damage from flooding. We also have extensive experience with sewer-related problems.
- Clean and disinfect the room: After removing water and soils, we completely sanitize the bathroom, including hardwood and other affected surfaces. This eliminates viruses, bacteria, and mold spores.
- Evaluate damage: Our experts analyze the damage to bathroom surfaces. Depending on materials and the amount of damage — and your personal preferences — we let you know if repairs and replacement are needed.
- Repair, rebuild and remodel: We remove and dispose of water-damaged surfaces and install new materials. Our team takes care of everything, from structural repairs to drywall taping. By the time we finish, the bathroom looks like new.
- Dry and dehumidify: We carefully dry all bathroom surfaces using commercial drying equipment. We may recommend long-term dehumidification if your home has moisture problems.
If necessary, we can also perform mold remediation. This is needed when mold has been allowed to grow for some time or when it’s hidden in underlying structures.
Problems Caused by Water Damage
Water damage is serious because it causes ongoing problems for your family, health, and home. Bathroom moisture problems never stay small. Mold issues, warped flooring, and structural damage are a few of the dangers.
Mold can trigger severe respiratory problems such as asthma attacks and allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. Fortunately, you can prevent all of this with bathroom water damage restoration. We have the expertise to take care of water damage permanently, restore your beautiful bathroom and protect your family’s health.
Warning Signs of Water Damage
How can you tell if your bathroom is at risk of water damage or has moisture problems?
- Visible mold
- Wet/musty smell
- Raised or warped floorboards
- Bubbles in walls or ceilings
- Yellow spots on paint
- Walls that feel wet
If you notice toilets that don’t want to flush or drains working slowly, you should have your home’s drains or sewer lines cleaned as soon as possible before water damage occurs.
Common Water Damage Mistakes You Should Avoid
What should you do if you walk into the bathroom and see standing water? Here’s a list of dos and don’ts for water damage:
- Call us right away for help — day or night
- Turn off the electricity if you have a dry path to the circuit breaker
- Move important possessions out of the water and to a safe place
- Open doors and windows to let air inside
- Don’t get contaminated water on your skin or touch dirty items
- Don’t walk through standing water if the electricity is still on
- Don’t try to clean mold spots yourself
- Don’t attempt to remove flooring or repair damaged surfaces yourself
- Never use a vacuum to suck up water
Choosing experts in construction and bathroom repairs is always a smart idea. The faster we get to work, the easier it is to prevent water damage.
The Experts in Bathroom Water Damage Restoration, Repairs, and Remodeling in El Paso, TX
Our ability to perform repairs at the same time as cleaning up disasters is one of the reasons we have such a great reputation for bathroom water damage restoration in El Paso, TX. We make sure all bathroom surfaces are clean, even the ones you can’t see.
Our high-quality work essentially gives you a brand-new bathroom that fits your design style, with beautiful flooring, fixtures, and furniture. Contact us right away online or call us in El Paso toll-free at (915) 544-0371 for assistance.
Image Source: marog – pixcells / Shutterstock